Lessons Learned in Greenville
I’m admittedly a little late with this post, but last weekend, Chris and the crew over at East Coast Wake Park hosted their second Summer Slider Series stop (go ahead, try to say it five times fast) and I made the trip up to get some shots of the boys. Our good buddy/intern Connor Buss put together a sweet little summary of the event, so check that out for the rundown. It was a Slingshot-filled podium with Brian Reeder taking the win along with Nate Perry, Oli Derome, and Zach Schneider rounding out 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, respectively.
The whole weekend was a good time, and it actually turned out to be educational. A few of the lessons I learned:
- Playing wingman for Geoffrey can be exhausting, and potentially hazardous, it would seem.
- Oli Derome can sing like a bird.
- Monster’s new drink Rehab is fantastic. I figure they called it that because as soon as you take your first sip, you’re thinking about how awesome it would be if there were booze in it. Dangerous.
- Sam Baker’s greatest talent is probably climbing trees.
- In Greenville, the kids go nuts when they play “All the Small Things” in the bar. It’s like the new “Living on a Prayer.”
- Tim Boyer still has the best one-liners out of everyone I know.
- Brian Reeder can hit rails really well.
- Actually, the entire pro division could hit rails really well.
- According to no less than 20 drunk college students, I look just like Zach Galifinakis.
- Why? – Eskimo Snow
- The Secret – Solve Et Coagula
- ZZ Top – Ranch Texicano: The Very Best
- Okkervil River – I Am Very Far